Monday, August 24, 2009

Love Print Work...

This little guy was chosen in an Etsyian's Treasury today!


I'm getting way into making prints! It's a whole new way to think about things. It's making me think of things more graphically or stylistically (if those are even the proper terms). And it is very challenging to design a simple image or idea and still make it sing - at least for me. It's a new approach for me, but one I've always wanted to explore and just never took the time to hone in. The new printer is a great motivator. The prints are just wonderful. I can't believe how nice they've been turning out on the Epson Velvet Paper. The prints look better than the originals sometimes! I'm not sure if that's good or bad...but I'm going to take it as good! One thing I would like to mention about the Epson R1900 is that even though it was specifically designed to use the thick stock coated art papers, and even has a feeding slot just for them - it doesn't work!! I've been able to get maybe 1 or 2 prints to go through and never the actual Epson velvet paper (only other brands of similar stock that was slightly thinner). I even took back the first printer to make sure it wasn't a defect and had the guy at the photography store try it, too. The second printer did the same thing! But I'm happy to report, after 3 days of pulling my hair out, that you are able to just say "ignore" to the window that pops up and feed it through the front slot for regular paper and it works just fine...go figure?!

No comments:

Post a Comment