Sunday, July 26, 2009

printer again...

Well, it's really looking like the pigment ink is the way to go. Dye-based inks soak into the fibers of the paper while pigment inks lay on top, kind of like paint. This is what professionals use and is how they get professional results with inkjet printers. It seems if you get the holy trinity correct of proper scanning, color management, and printer capabilities, you get absolutely wonderful results that will last for years. There is also a large assortment of art papers available that are coated specifically for inkjet printing, as well. I can't wait to start playing around with it all!

Feels better to finally be coming to a decision on all of it. Now I just have to cross my fingers that my poor computer will be able to handle all that information for high quality prints!...it's always something, isn't it?

By the way, it's really, really, really hot here right now and will be all this week, but I broke down and bought a small window air conditioning unit for my computer room so I can at least work on something without dying of heat stroke! Had to totally re-invent how I installed it so as not to damage the vinyl replacement windows, but it worked out great and I was able to do it by myself. Completely worth it. I've never liked central air in a house really, but love having one room to retreat to when necessary. Although now that I'm working from home, I might be rethinking that.

No comments:

Post a Comment