Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tiny Setback...

Well, my trusty ol' computer decided to go into a coma this week, but thankfully it was kind enough to warn me that I better immediately back up all data and replace the primary drive before it froze for good! So with my external drive in hand, I march into the future of computers, hoping everything will be readable for the new guy. And although I do indeed love the speed and storage space of this new computer, I feel like my parents sent me away to a foreign land for an arranged marriage I wanted no part of. My new husband's name is Vista 64 bit. Why couldn't I stay in the arms of XP, so familar, so predictable. I knew all of his faults, by this time in our relationship I had slyly figured out ways to work around his control freak tendencies and pretty much did what I wanted. It was perfect! And now I am forced to look at Vista's cold staring face every day, hiding simple things from me, doing what he wants with little or no explanation to me, constantly questioning my every move! Could my parents have at least found someone who looked like XP? What happened to my nice thumbnails?! Vista has let me down. I know, I know, get a Mac, get a Mac - well, I am not a princess with unlimited funds, so for the time being, I am stuck in this unhappily arranged marriage with the Microsoft family.

No comments:

Post a Comment