Friday, September 11, 2009

Some Beautiful Glasswork!

I saw some beautiful flame worked beads yesterday while browsing through the Etsy Finds email I get a few times a week. Here's the link to her shop:

AKDlampwork:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5297302




Anyway, her work just has an element of elegance and calm that I always wish I would see in American glasswork, but for some reason rarely happens . I know I've commented before on how I really want to like flameworked glass, but I dislike the "carnival trinket" look of flameworking - and finally I've found some work that I really love!
Funny thing is that I asked her what kind of glass she uses and it was the very same stuff I was looking at yesterday after I got a new glass catalog in the mail. The color palette is much more appealing to me than I've ever seen before. Now, I know next to nothing about Borosilicate glass, but it seems like they are finally making soft glass in a range of colors and effects that I think I've only really seen in the harder Boro glasses before. If anyone knows, please enlighten me!

No comments:

Post a Comment