Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More encaustic...


Just wanted to show you the beautiful simplicity of the materials needed for encaustic painting. Pure beeswax, Damar resin crystals, a little carnuba wax for hardness, and pigment. Love it. Half the fun and intrigue for me and making art is the mixing and getting to know the raw materials and the recipes that have been unchanged for centuries. I love just looking at the chunks of raw ingredients sitting around in old jars and sacks and measuring and experimenting with it all. There is something so beautiful about elegantly simple natural materials. Beeswax. Tree resin. Ground earth pigments. Perfection...

I think I'm going to try and compile a good listing of link to art supplies. (not just in random posts that you have to sift through). I usually shop around a lot on line before I buy, looking for the best info and prices on everything. It will take me a bit, but I will do it!

good basic encaustic supplies and good prices...
http://www.swanscandles.com/store/encausticsupplies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment